'92 Camry power windows frozen

It's real cold and my power windows are frozen closed. Can I help anything with lubrication?

Reply to
Butzmark

== Once you find a heated garage you can thaw them out and apply silicone spray to the window channels. Presumably you're not opening the window too often in cold weather. The rubber seal at the "beltline" is probably the culprit, and there's really nothing you can do about those. The interior of the door is designed with a plastic film to protect the internal parts and electrical connections from water, with a drain hole at the bottom of the door for the water to escape - but if the water freezes down inside the door, the only real solution is to wait for a warmer environment to thaw it out. (heated garage possibly?) Any sealant you put on those rubber wipers will smear across the window glass when the window is lowered reducing visibility when the window is raised. This may sound unworkable for you, but I have a 1977 Toyota truck where the window has been inoperative for decades (window crank mechanism just spins and I didn't feel like replacing it). I took apart the door and used wire to fix the glass in the up postion then used rear view mirror adhesive and plastic stops to glue it in place to avoid rattles. Believe it or not, I still have working air conditioning. If I need to reach outside, I just open the door. It does work.

Reply to
Daniel