Cranksaft seal small leak solutions. 91 Toyota Camry

My car's front crankshaft leaks and I use 5w-30. It will only leave few drops at each parking spot. How thicker viscosity could I go? What is the HM variety? Where do I get these slow leaking high mileage oils?

Thanks

Reply to
Section 8

Considering the "rubber" timing belt is in the same area, it would be better to get the oil leak fixed and replace the belt too. They don't like oil.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

||My car's front crankshaft leaks and I use 5w-30. It will ||only leave few drops at each parking spot. How thicker ||viscosity could I go? What is the HM variety? Where do ||I get these slow leaking high mileage oils?

Any parts store will have HM oils. They are made by Pennzoil, Valvoline, Castrol to name a few. Get 10W30, or even 15W-40 is it's available. Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Daniel M. Dreifus