94 Camry SE Check Engine Light

Any Idea about what causes the Check Engine Light to come on for 94 Camry?

How can it be reset?

Thanks

Reply to
RJ

The V4 was OBD-I

The V6 had an early version of OBD-II, for which you'll need a code scanner. Some local auto parts retailers (like Autozone) will read the codes for free.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Google that for a lot of history. In a nutshell, it could be lots of things; it's part of the built-in diagnostic system on the car. As long as it's not flashing, take it in to a dealer when you get a chance.

An alternative is to take it to an Autozone and have them read the code for you.

I'm beginning to think this is the biggest reliability problem with the Camry. I just had that happen and luckily, it's still under warranty. The dealer said it was the MAF and another sensor. It would have been ~$400 to replace the MAF sensor and about $300 for the other one.

If my Camry had 36,0001 miles, I would have been mighty angry. There's nothing wrong with the car, but the sensors that monitor the car cost me $800? That's just not right. If you google this, you'll see *lots* of examples like this....

Reply to
Big Kahuna

The sensors don't just monitor the car, they provide input to the ECM so that the engine can be efficiently and reliably controlled.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Thanks Travis and Kahuna for your input

Reply to