'94 Camry - Squeaking noise wile driving

Hi all,

As we drive along there are constant "squeaks" that, I believe, are coming from beneath the car.

It is not too noticeable in open highway driving but as soon as you get or pass near a wall or buildings it becomes very obvious.

It varies in the speed of it's pulses with the speed of the car.

Could it be a dry U-joint or ????? .

I might mention that, using the standard "accelerate - back off" test for u-joints, there is no "clunking" sound at all.

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)

Note --- My real email is perkatwavecabledotcom

Reply to
Perk

This is a classic symptom of a wheel bearing in the early stages of failure. It's not always easy to locate the failing bearing by listening in the cabin - you pretty much have to jack up the wheels one by one and spin them to find the culprit.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Could be a break pad wear indicator.

Reply to
ransley

I think a brake pad wear indicator would make a constant squealing sound, not a pulsing, intermittent sound. Isn't that right?

Reply to
Nobody Important