95 Camry LE --- RoadHandling Question

I just drove my wife's 95 Camry LE (appx. 75000 miles) and noticed that something seemed "funny" about its handling. When going at normal highway speeds, and immediately after hitting a speed bump, small pothole, or other minor irregularity in the road surface, the car seemed to want to "sway" from side to side [that's the best way I can describe it].

Car is well-maintained, tire pressures OK, gently driven, and I'm certain I would've noticed this before if it hadn't just started doing it (I drive it from time-to-time instead of my 99 Camry LE).

Would appreciate any comments/suggestions.

Reply to
M.B.

Replace the worn/dried out rubber sway bar bushings with Polyurethane ones. Struts are probably also worn out.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Agree, but would put the struts first. They are designed to stop all 'rocking' or body roll whatever direction it occurs in.

I had a Magna (mitsubishi) and it would do the rock& roll for a couple of secs after some bumps, especially if someone was in the back seat.

It was buggered shocks,...which are an integral part of the struts.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James