96 Camry AC problem, intermittent

My 96 Camry is used by several in the family. At first I heard that the green light for the AC wouldn't light and, of course, no cold air. Then the light was on and AC working fine. Then, light on, fans working and no cold air! When I had a chance to look at it, the green light wouldn't come on at all during a couple hours of working on it. All fuses checked OK. But now, for the last 2 days, it's all working fine. This tells me that the freon and all that is OK, but it seems a switch is intermittent. Has there been any intermittent problems with the AC panel switch? I've taken it out and sprayed inside as best I could with contact cleaner and it's still working fine. Aren't intermittents fun?

TIA, Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Gardiner

Guaranteed, you need to charge your freon. Of course you probably already know this now that you took it to the shop.

Reply to
5Sfte

That's what it sounds like. The car is rarely used, it's kind of a spare I keep around and it has sit for months at a time. They're going to look at it tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Reply to
Gerry Gardiner

Does the Camry have a too hi or too low,. head-pressure switch, for the compressor clutch?

Jason

Reply to
Jason James