dealer emblem removal

How are dealer emblems attached ? Are they all bolted on ? If they are glued or self sticking how do you remove them ?

Reply to
hbuck

Most of them are stuck on with double-sticky tape. Warm 'em up a bit with a hair dryer (don't overdo it) and then pull straight out. They should come right off.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Thats what I thought,Thanks,I'll try that. Or I'll wait till the next time it hits 103 degrees here in Texas,ha

Reply to
hbuck

You can "saw" thru the double sided tape with monofiliment fishing line too. Goof Off or WD40 will remove any sticky residew.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I do this a lot. The fishing line method is very safe.

Reply to
Butherus'

That is the ONLY thing I like about hot days at my job!

I am a detailer, and we either get new cars for delivery or used cars with stickers. Once it hits about 90 degrees, the window stickers and the other dealer's decals or emblems just peel right off!

Reply to
HachiRoku