A $300 Oil change

In news:Eerjb.1725$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net, Mark A being of bellicose mind posted:

Refers not to physical size.

Reply to
Philip ®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2172.public.lawson.webtv.net, mark Ransley being of bellicose mind posted:

Customers can be asses ... give the short end of the stick to the unreasonable ones.

Reply to
Philip ®

So are you calling the guy a liar who said he had all his oil changes done at the same dealership?

Reply to
Mark A

Well Phil if a dealer trashed my oil pan and didnt want to fix it Id be a BIG ass and demand a new pan and a car for the day from toyota. Dealers usualy just want to cover their asses , as this ass hole dealer is.

Reply to
mark Ransley

Not their deal, barking up the wrong tree. It would be like going after Johnson Controls for drive by shootings, after all, they make car batterys!

Reply to
MDT Tech®

I think he was calling you a "little guy" ;-D

Reply to
MDT Tech®

In news:ElDjb.724$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net, Mark A being of bellicose mind posted:

That's the inference you made? LOL Good grief.

Reply to
Philip ®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2178.public.lawson.webtv.net, mark Ransley being of bellicose mind posted:

You are all missing my point. When you are -right- ... as evidenced by the unique service history here, you do NOT have to become a belligerent ass to get satisfaction. What you must do is maintain an air of unflappable persistent civility until a thread repair is made. It will happen. Throwing a tantrum lessens your odds of getting a "no-charge" repair.

Reply to
Philip ®

I am not throwing a tantrum, but my understanding is that the guy was told he could only get a credit towards a 30K service package (which he was not sure he would be in the same city for), instead of making restitution for the damage to the threads. If the dealer did in fact perform all the oil changes on that vehicle, that does not seem sufficient to me.

Reply to
Mark A

Phil its obvious his dealer is trying to save money, not taking responsibility for damaging his car, and is putting the blame on the pan. Dealers offer was for fufure discounts customer may never realise. Not fixing problem. I have many times 7 or 8 got satisfaction complaining to car manufacturers when dealers would not help. Manufacturers will put pressure on dealers and will review events to see a dealer is fair. Sure being an ass is wrong, maybe the wrong word to. But so far the guy is being treated unfairly

Reply to
mark Ransley

In news:uoKjb.2310$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net, Mark A being of bellicose mind posted:

MarkA... you're an idiot. This is not about YOU. That you would personalize this thread (as evidenced by the first six words in the first sentence) suggests you need to get a life of your own.

Reply to
Philip ®

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2174.public.lawson.webtv.net, mark Ransley being of bellicose mind posted:

Regarding the dealer's response thusfar, no such expenditure avoidance is "obvious" That the threads stripped during this particular routine visit is the only thing that is "obvious." It would not be difficult to make the case that drain plug threads are like other wearing parts such as brake pads, tires, or lug nuts. The car is also off warranty so any factory's responsibility is overwith (recalls excepted).

Now. With the unusual dedicated history here, it's up to the dealer whether or not to perform a "good will" repair. This is where the customer needs to maintain a civil composure.

Reply to
Philip ®

Phillip, you responded to my post above. I am not personalizing this thread. You are the one making personal attacks on people, for what reason I have no idea. I don't believe that the original poster threw a tantrum either. He seems to have been very nice about the whole situation.

Reply to
Mark A

Gee what is the " life expectancy" or " change amount" of a PAN & Plug, or PAN.--- IT MUST BE DOCUMENTED if statements are being made...or its BS .... IF TORQUED properly It will last. It ONLY takes one Bozo to screw ANYTHING

Reply to
mark Ransley

Dealers have been offering 30 minute oil changes at very competitive prices in recent years. They can't afford to have their regular techs do the oil changes. Most of them have resorted to using the same type of low priced labor as the Jiffy Lubes. This probably accounts for the relatively large number of problems reported on this newsgroup about dealer oil changes.

Reply to
Mark A

Exactly, morons that Overfill and Overtorque are monkey wrenchers. Whatever, they should pay. to fixx it, Id be an ass about IT ... Being nice wouldnt get ME SATISFACTION But Phil doesnt like my idea,,,,,, SO WHAT

Reply to
mark Ransley

In news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-2178.public.lawson.webtv.net, mark Ransley being of bellicose mind posted:

I put your replies in the context of "What you should expect for a WebTV user"

Reply to
Philip ®

Why there is a need for an oil drain plug washer? None of my GM or Chryslers had any washers and there never was any sign of oil dripping from oil drain plug.

I purchased Toyota and every time I change oil, I pay $1.20 for a washer. I consider it a waste of money. A dollar is not a fortune but why throw it away? Anybody can explain why Toyota needs a drain plug washer? Thanks.

Reply to
ratrack

It lessons the chance of damage to the oil pan if the plug is over-tightened. However, it apparently doesn't prevent someone from stripping the threads due to negligence.

Reply to
Mark A

Enough already on the friggin oil pan ! Let it die.

Reply to
Artfulcodger