Access to blower fan - '98

I've owned five Toyota's over the years. At the moment have a 87 Corolla, 03 Cam and a 98 Cam.

Mostly I have reached the blower fan in the dash area by compressing the sides of the glove box together to disengage the "ears," although on the 03, I also have to unscrew a rod of some sort.

But have been unable to figure out how to get at the 98. Any secrets. Squeezing the sides of the glove box does nothing....

Reply to
timbirr

Also, try pulling down on the panel under the glove compartment. No tools for the panel, just pull down and out. You may be able to get at the fan motor without taking out the glove box.

Reply to
johngdole

Yours may be one with 4 screws and one bolt. 3 along the top edge of the glove box assembly (open the glove box to reveal them) and one screw on the lower left corner you can see. The bolt on the lower right is behind the kick plate IIRC. You will have to pry it back to see the 10mm bolt.

A Haynes manual also helps. Check your local Pep boys.

Reply to
johngdole

Last weekend, I fussed with this. I removed the screws along top and one screw at the left corner, but did not know about the 10mm on the right. It seemed like something on the right was "holding" this back, but I didn't want to fuss too much with the plastic along there.

So, do I just pry it a bit to gain access, or am I taking off that entire part, which if IIRC runs all along the lower door sill? (I get antsy fussing with 10 year old plastic, always afraid of how brittle it might be)>

Reply to
spswanson