92 camry wagon rear window regulator

Does anyone know where I can get an aftermarket window regulator/motor assembly to fit a 92 camry wagon rear window. The one for the 4 door is different. Thanks

Reply to
max

I'm looking, too in anticipation of the eventuality with my '93 wagon. So far I've found the following part numbers for the Gen 3 wagon rear window regulators but no source...... Left 69840-06040 Right 69830-06040 HTH

Reply to
NickySantoro

Did a bit more digging. These people CLAIM to have it.

post back your findings.

Reply to
NickySantoro

NickySantoro wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No good .... I called them up and their listing shows the wagon and 4 door use the same motor. The rear 4 door motor will not fit the wagon. I bought a cheap one for a 4 door off of ebay and it will not fit. The bar that window rides up and down on is longer on the wagon.

Reply to
max

Found this...

Part can be found by using the OEM part # search. These look to be OEM parts with the pricing being steep. It may be the only alternative for the rears on the wagon, though. HTH

Reply to
NickySantoro

You might try an recycled part i.e., junkyard part. That would probably be the least expensive route anyway. I'd try taking it to an alternator/electric motor rebuilder to see if it can be repaired.

Reply to
dsi1

dsi1 wrote in news:7jvtm.46910$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.iad:

I called quiet a few junk yards before locating a used motor/regulator assembly. These are very hard to come by. I put the good used one up against the cheap one for the 4 door. The difference is in how long the cable arm going from the motor to the rail are. Also the center mounting bolt is in a different position. I called Toyota and they said I could buy a new rail and cable assembly and reuse my motor. They said it was about $120 for just the rail and cables. The Toyota motor is the expensive part. I think this says a lot about Toyota, the car is 17 years old and they still have the parts to keep it going. This is also the first thing on the car that actually broke.

Reply to
max