2000 Camaro Power Window Motor Replacement

I need to change the power window motor on the drivers door for a 2000 Camaro. Does anyone have a change out procedure? It looks like I have to take the window and window track out. Any easier way of doing it?

Reply to
Frank

Hello Frank, I've got to do the same thing on my 2000 SS.

According to the service manual:

  1. Place window in halfway down position.
  2. Remove front side door trim panel.
  3. Remove water deflector.
  4. Support window in position by inserting rubber wedge door stops at front and rear of window between window and door inner panel.
  5. Remove window rear guide nuts so rear guide can be moved.
  6. Remove window regulator rivets by drilling out rivet with drill.
  7. Remove electrical connectors from regulator motor by sliding motor and regulator rearward.
  8. Remove window regulator from channels.
  9. Remove window regulator with regulator motor attached through rear access hole.
  10. Drill hole through window regulator sector gear and backplate.
11.Install bolt and nut to lock sector gear into position.
  1. Remove rivets by drilling out rivets with drill.
  2. Remove regulator motor from regulator.

Then install motor and rerivet, remove the temporary nut and bolt used to secure the sector gear. I guess continue to reverse the process to get it all back together. Possibly nuts and bolts could be used to replace the rivets, I'll determine that myself when it's my turn.

Reply to
Joe Lazzara

I can move my window by hand about an inch or two up and down.... Does this mean a bad motor.?? I hate to even think about doing this job.... grrrrrrrrr Does GM not know how to make a good P.W. motor.??

Reply to
Z24PODS says... "Click Here