window problem

Any one ever have a window pop out of track on camry? just wondering

Reply to
Tj

yes, for my old 92 camry. took it to the dealer and they fixed it.

Reply to
Joe

Yep, just got a 95 LE and the front passenger window comes out of its track. I plan on taking off the door panel to see if I can fix it. If anybody else has tackled this problem I'd like to hear how you solved it.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

Yes. When I rolled it all the way down, it would re-enter the track by itself. Otherwise, I babied it from the top with tools VERY carefully. Mine was an '88 Camry LE.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

On my '96 Camry the front passenger window would pop out of the rear track about half way up. It turned out to be a pinched track section at the front of the window about mirror height. The owner before me had an encounter with a parking lot post. The slight impact with the mirror pushed the track closer together than it was supposed to be. I placed a wide flat bar in the front track section with the window down, and twisted gently along the track section to open it up in the pinched area. Now it works great!

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

I removed the door panel this weekend which didn't get me anywhere but while watching the window go up and down I did discover that it actually tilts forward as it goes up and that it can easily be rocked back and forth by hand. By applying pressure to the back of the window I was able to get it to go all the way up correctly. I still couldn't tell where the looseness was, possibly the front track or the regulator.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch

it.

track

front

with

the

track

Check the width of the front track all the way up. The fact that the window tips forward would lead me to believe the track is pinched together a bit most likely in the area of the mirror (what a wonderful lever when it strikes something :-] ). If so open up the track in the pinched area to the same width as the remainder of the track, and the window will likely work fine. Putting pressure on the back of the window equalizes the pressure being put on the front portion of the window by the pinched area allowing the window to go up evenly.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to
Louis Bybee

Just wanted to let you know that you were right. I worked on opening the front track this weekend and now the window no longer tilts or pops out. A nice easy fix. At least I know how to take off the door panel now.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch