Automatic Anti-Glare Mirror switching

Tapping (as opposed to push & hold) button at bottom of rear view mirror (2006 Camry XLE) is supposed to turn automatic Anti-Glare feature off & on, according to manual. Instead, this turns the compass off & on. Pushing & holding that button cycles compass into Calibration mode, just like it's supposed to. So how can you turn off anti-glare? Dealerships and "Customer Experience Line" don't know. Anyone else have this problem? I'm sure it's same operation on 2005 and even earlier as well.

Reply to
Peter

Think my 05 XLE has 2 buttons (Compass and Mirror) at the bottom. Pushing Mirror button (not holding) turns off the anti-glare function just fine & the indicator light goes off.

Reply to
Goat

Thanks for responding. My version in 2006 has only the single button that's supposed to work for both compass And anti-glare. Your two dedicated buttons one would assume would be a more reliable execution, and sure enough, they Are! Thanks again.

--Peter

Reply to
Peter