Battery was changed

The battery on my Camry 02 was changed, but the car wont stay on now. The car turns off every time the RPM hits zero, does this mean it needs to be accelarated? What happened? Why won't it stay on?

Reply to
Yara

Did they check the alternator, has this been happening for a while because if the battery wasn`t charging soon it would be dead and not start. It could be the fuel system or alot of other things not related to the battery. Ive bought new batteries that went bad in a few months.

Reply to
m Ransley

Actually my car got hit on the left back side and was repaired, but the care died so a battery was bought. Don't know if the collision caused it to turn off. I guess taking it to the dealer would be the next step.

Reply to
Yara

Agree with Mark, it could well be something else..once an engine comes down to less than 200 rpm or so (as indicated on the tachometer in your instrument panel) it will probably stop (stall) alto-gether.

Somethings a miss in the engine management or the idle control area. Take it to a good mechanic, not necessarily Toyota,..just a reputable mechanic.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Hmmmm....two thoughts.

Check the connection at the battery. I had an old Tercel wagon that would always start on the 1st turn of the key, and after replacing the battery I hqad a problem like yours. i looked and looked and then finally noticed a wire that had broken off the harness connecting to the battery.

Also, you say it was in an accident. I would be looking at the wiring to the fuel pump, althought this waoula also cause the car not to start at all sometimes, or to conk out while driving at speed...

Reply to
Hachiroku