98 Caravan rear wiper - gas gage - door locks

Shortly after I replaced the battery in my 98 Caravan, the rear window wipers run and spray fluid when I start the car and continue until I press the "intermittent wiper" button. I ran the calibration routine

- no change in operation.

Mysteriously (noticed at about the same time), the gas gage is at "E" and once in a while (and only briefly) will register the correct gas level. All other gages work fine. Self test shows gas gage movement.

And mysteriously, the remote keyless locks work but neither inside switch operates the electric locks (either to lock or unlock)...... Windows work fine.

This is weird. What is the probability that the fuel level sending unit, some relay for rear wiper and some relay for door locks would ALL FAIL AT ONCE.

What is happening? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks to all-

NewarkShark

Reply to
NewarkShark

You may have a bad heater control (button module). They have been known to be unreliable, but I'm a little surprised that it wnet bad after battery change. They have a small IC on the back of the board that you can sometimes pull right off with your hand. That's how poor the solder is on some of them.

Bill

Reply to
Bill