Best windshield wiper replacement

What are the best? Seems I replace them and they work fine for a while then streak. I there a certain brand that holds up better then others? Does rain-ex or whatever it's called help?

Reply to
ZZonka Tonka

I use the factory refills without problems.

Reply to
ROBMURR

Have you tried carefully cleaning the windshield? By the way, Consumer Reports rated blades a while back. Toyota did well if my memory is correct. CR recommended replacement every 6 months I think which of course no one does.

Reply to
Art

I used to use Anco with good results, they lasted 6-9 months. Last year appx late fall or early winter I installed Trico Teflon refills. They cost appx 30% more than Anco or Trico standard but they have lasted for over 16 months. The have just started to streak a little when windshield is slightly wet so I will be replacing them, with the same Trico Teflon, soon as rain season is near. They are a little harder to find, but seem to be available in more places now than a couple years ago, than Anco so you might have to shop around. If you do get them make sure you use the little packet that comes with them, it's a cleaner or activator - I don't remember exactly. It looks like a handy-wipe, I was told the blades don't last near as long if you don't use it. Hope this helps, davidj92 (Dave)

Reply to
David Julian

Every SIX months?/ You HAVE to be kidding! I just changed my first blade on my 99 Camry.

Reply to
SHARX.

Wiper report !!!!! For those who are waiting with baited breath,

I had some k> What are the best? Seems I replace them and they work fine for a while

Reply to
ZZonka Tonka

When the wipers begin to streak, we clean them, try them to see if we eliminated the problem, if not, we replace them immediately. Doesn't make sense to have less than ideal vision when driving a great car that costs a LOT more than a couple of blades. Kind of like trying to squeeze some extra miles out of an oil filter....illogical?

Reply to
Phyl/Ron Johnson