Brake light

I have a 99 Camry LE 6cyl and this winter the brake light on the dash started to come on. I assume this is the hand brake indicator. Does anyone have any experience with this. is it just a sensor or switch that needs adjusting .. and if so where is it?

Steve

Reply to
SteveF

Check your brake fluid level? Check your disk pad thickness?

Reply to
SHARX.

Ok will do.

Reply to
SteveF

Hi There,

After looking for my fault.

Brake light staying on all the time. And doing the usual checks with no avail.

It was a burnt out BRAKE LIGHT BULB.

But then mine was on permanent.

Johnny UK

Reply to
Johnny Melvin G3LIV.

Hmm. Forgot about that one. Especially, check the CENTER mount brake light, in the rear window.

Reply to
SHARX.

In news:LWbXb.15577$ snipped-for-privacy@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net, SteveF being of bellicose mind posted:

Go check you brake fluid. There is a fluid level sensor that kicks ON the same brake light. Some cars also have the ability to switch ON that brake light when there is a burned out stop light bulb. Check check check!

--
- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to