Brake problem on corolla

Hi All,

Please forgive me if I am on wrong group. But I can't find group for corolla.

Recently I changed the rotor, pads and shoes for front and rear brake because I found I have to press brake really hard to stop the car when the car is running around 65/hour.

After I changed everything(rotor, pads and shoes), also bleed the brake oil in the system, but I didn't see any improvment on the brake. I still press really hard in order to stop the car.

Please help and tell me what I should do next.

Thanks in advance

Allan

Reply to
Renping Yin

In news:sIWWa.56799$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com, Renping Yin jubilantly posted:

Are the calipers able to move back an forth on their pins? Is there grease on the rotor surfaces or brake fluid on the drums? You used the term "rotor" ... as in ONE rotor. Did you replace both on the front axle or did you make a typo? ;^)

Reply to
Philip®

The rough and ready method described in manuals sometimes and used by mechanics is to apply pressure to your brake pedal, then start the car (pump the pedal before starting car to use all avail vac). The booster will pull the pedal down slightly (varies, but at least 1/4 in). The in-linevlave can fail and allow stored vacuum (for idle periods) to dissapate into the intake manifold.

The compensating air-filter can clog restricting diaphragm movement or the diaphragm can rupture (in which case it will fail the firt test and the test you have mentioned plus the engine may develop a miss on the cylinder/s closest the vac-port)

Jason

Reply to
Jason James