Buying Experience with 2007 Camry

I would be very interested in hearing about buying experiences for the new 2007 Camry. How far above (or below) invoice were you able to buy at?

Also, does anyone know a good Toyota fleet dealer in northern California? I mean one that will let you special order the car directly from the factory at a good price? My experience in the past is that this is a much lower price way to go if you don't mind waiting a month or two. And you can get the exact features you want since they make the car after you order. I am in northern California. Thanks.

Reply to
Andrew Taylor

i have not heard about the fleet delaer but i know that if u want to wait for 2-4 weeks. you can get the car you want with any options.

it might be hard to get a discount at the present moment. wait till december cos that is when they try to make their quota

--------------------------------------- Golf Deals, Golf Product reviews and more

skewe

Yeah, right now there is the new car premium. But after a while the usual $750 per car rebate that's there for years should kick in, plus other hidden rebates to the dealers.

Since the 07 costs less to make than the 06, I'd say no higher than what the 06 costs or less in a few to several months.

Reply to
johngdole

You didn't mention if you were after the hybrid version. It would not surprise me if the Toyota dealers attach a healthy surcharge to the MSRP much as they did with the Prius. I would expect the surcharge to be around $3000 above MSRP if a shortage exists for the hybrid model. Good luck negotiating lower - unless demand is flat.

B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Thanks for all your helpful comments.

We are in no hurry, so it may be better to wait a while and let the "new model" premium come down. Maybe even to 2008 so they can get the initial design/manufacturing kinks out.

My wife and I are considering the Camry CE 4 cylinder automatic. The new CE's are quite well equipped. We might go for the hybrid if the premium comes down.

So far, the best offer we have is $18807 plus tax/license on a automatic CE 4 cylinder with no optional equipment. But that is from an Los Angeles dealer that is almost 400 miles south of our home; we would need to pay for delivery or take a trip down to pick it up.

We drove a 2007 LE yesterday, and the serenity and comfort inside is impressive. Handling is competent, but not sporty. Interior is stylish, although the plastic control knobs for the radio and climate control seem a little flimsy. Exterior appearance is a weak point in our opinion. If Toyota could get the exterior appearance and handling to BMW or Audi standards, they would have a monster. As it is, this is just a very nice car that one can rely on.

Andrew Taylor wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Taylor

I got my 07 XLE V6 at Maita Toyota of Sacramento. It listed for 29389 and I got it for 27403.

Reply to
JJ

First year in a new generation is usually problematic. Give Toyota some time to work out the bugs. One guy here posted his conversation with a Toyota rep at a car show that Toyota took out 20% of the parts out of the new transmission. To "improve performance" yeah right.

The real reason should be cost driven given the history of Camry's evolution. Do you really believe 20% of the parts in the Aisin tranny were doing nothing in the first place? I don't think so. Give it some time and see how this affects reliability.

Reply to
johngdole

The new Tranny's are being made in NC and Virginia. The old ones have been made there too for several years.

Reply to
Art

Is Aisin still the manufacturer?

Reply to
<HLS

Since when did they bring back the "CE" (cheap) edition.

they had discontinued it in Gen. 5 (2002).

Popular demand? Heck I would have bought a CE rather than an LE in '03 if they had been available....

Reply to
timbirr