camry 90 panel lights

Hi, does anybody know how to fix the panel lights in a toyota camry 90? Do I need to look for an specific fuse or take out the whole panel out and change the bulb inside?

Thank you Alex

Reply to
Elmusico101

Umm, my usual cliche is "TMI-Too Much Information" In this case it's TLI...

Are all the lights out, or part of the instrument panel, or the heater control panel or the radio?

I think, if it's the radio, you're SOL, unless someone else knows something I don't (Hey, let's not *all* reply at once!)

If it's the heater or the instrument panel, have fun. You gotta pull a lot of 'stuff' out of the dash (radio, etc) to get to the heater panel, and then fight with the wires. There is a small bulb that lights the heater panel, I have never seem one in a parts store.

If it's the instrument panel the best(easiest) thing to do is remove the panel under the wheel cowl, then undo the two large bolts holding the steering column to the dash and then pull out the panel. You may be able to sneak the panel out around the steering wheel, but as I recall I used every word in the book and then made up a few of my own doing it this way...

The bulbs are in twisty thingys (yes, I used to be a technician) and can be bought at the corner parts store.

If *all* the lights are out, the fuse should be marked on the fuse cover. All my other Toy's have been this way, or it should be in the owner's manual.

Reply to
HachiRoku

I was talking about the tachometer and radio lights. The lights that turn on when you turn on the headlights at night.

Reply to
Elmusico101

Interesting, why just these two?

The radio usually has an internal light that comes on no matter when the radio is turned on. The tach should only come on when the lights are on.

There is a wire on the radio harness that has a voltage only when the lights are turned on. If you have a volt meter, try to see if you can find thius wire. If you find a wire that does have a voltage when the lights are on then your problem is probably in the radio itself.

As far as the tach, like I said, pull the instrument panel and look for a blown bulb.

Good luck.

Reply to
HachiRoku