Camry Airbag sensor

All:

My mom has just been told that she needs a new airbag sensor at a cost of $650.00. The dealer won't budge on the cost. Is this a common problem on Camrys? It is a 2000 model year with 40,000 miles on it. My mom likes the car, and it runs great, but it did have to have the block replaced at around

30,000 miles ( these thinks sometimes happen, even to Toyota!) After the dealer replaced the block, the car ran fine.

Has anyone else had to have this sensor replaced? What did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? Should I go to a private garage? Is there any danger in not replacing it??

Thank you,

Joe R.

Reply to
Joe. R

Well the question is: why does it need a new sensor? Did he say why? If the sensor is knackered I guess the airbag is not going to work in prang.

Guesstimate only,...Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Replace a block isnt normal , nor a sensor.

Reply to
mark Ransley