Camry CE: loud hissing sound from under the hood when making left turn

When I make a left turn at low speed or no acceleration, my

2000 Camry CE makes an obvious hissing sound from the left side under the hood. I don't hear the sound when turning right. It started out about three months ago. The Toyota tech at my dealer didn't found anything unusual two months ago. Gradually the sound is getting louder and more obvious. Now I can hear it even when I slow down before a red light but driving straight. What could be the cause? Could it be serious?
Reply to
Jay

It is apparent you have a large snake entangled in the left portion of your steering rack.

Rather than take it to a dealer suggest you drive to the ASPCA as they know how to remove asps.

Be very careful checking under the hood in the mean time.

Best of Luck Alger Hiss

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Apparently your teenage daughter's trouser snake, or that of a neighbor's daughter, has escaped and taken up residence under your hood.

Reply to
Charkstar

Check for vacuum leak.

Reply to