Camry does not want to start when cold?

My 92 takes at least 5 minutes to start after it sits overnight? It just cranks and cranks. Then when I finally get it running it idles at about 450 rpms and I cant touch the accelerator or it will stall. As it warms up it will rev up when I touch the accelerator but unsteady(stumbles). Check engine light is on. Anyone experience anything like this?? Thanks!! :)Nelson

Reply to
:

Just had the exact same problem with my 86 Camry. Turns and turns and finally catches, but even after idling when you press firmly on the gas it stalls. I also found it stalled and hesitated for the first fifteen or so minutes out on the road. After trying several other things (fuel injector cleaner, change of fuel filter) I took it in to the mechanic and was told that the cold-start injector had a lot of carbon buildup which had to be scraped out. Unfortunately it took several days at the shop because each time they needed a cold start to check and kept it overnight.

H> My 92 takes at least 5 minutes to start after it sits overnight? It

Reply to
Juan