Camry Radiator Support?

Hello a.a.t.c., I was looking for a radiator for my 99 Camry on eBay and noticed there were parts called a "Radiator Support" being sold. Is this a part that needs to be changed often? I don't believe that I've seen this sold for other cars. What's the scoop with these things? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dsi1

johngdole

Well I was rather surprised to see 50 of them listed so I figured the Camry had a problem with these things breaking. In my case, I seem to have problems with these thing hitting the tire stops when parking. They should make these things with a bit more clearance.

Reply to
dsi1

I thought normally it was the *lower subframe* that was scratching -- too low. Well, IMO, Toyota's cheap suspension designs don't win awards.

The radiator support just helps hold the rad to the chassis, slightly higher than the subframe. You shouldn't normally be scratching it go over bumps/ramps.There are the plastic scoops sticking down from the support that most Camrys lose after a few years because of the low clearance problem.

(?)

Reply to
johngdole