Camry Rotor Specifications?

I have a 2000 Camry with the symptoms of warped rotors. I would like to check for warp myself before taking it in. Can anyone give me the specifications and procedure? I am a machinist by trade and have a wide array of measuring tools.

fasted Ted Claire

Reply to
fasted

Remove the road wheel, then while the hub and rotor are jacked up, get a helper to slowly turn the hub while you firmly hold a dial indicator, if you have one, or just hold a screw-driver blade close to the outer edge of the brakepad swept area of the rotor. This will give you a direct indication of how much runout or out of true the rotor has. NB Before doing the runout check, make sure the road wheel is secure by applying force at 3 and 9 oclock-12 and 6 oclock. There should not be more than the a barely discernable amount of movement.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

================ Factory repair manuals have the procedure:

Fix your dial indicator to a magnetic base. You're looking for less than 0.0020

Reply to
Daniel