Re: CV boots

I have replaced CV boots on my own cars. I needed to buy a 3/4" drive socket to remove the hub, but little other than that.

I found that getting the clamp band, included with the joints, onto the assembly tightly was a little bit of a problem. Found a set of pliars that would do it.

I do not recommend, anymore, the use of split boots. I used to try to use them, but found they were prone to very quick failure, sometimes did not fit, not worth the effort.

Reply to
Larry Smith