camry valve-crankshaft timing

(89 Camry 4 cyl -- replacing broken timing belt. I've read the Haynes manual and thought about it and I think I'm correct but check me out.) If the crankshaft pully mark is on 0 (with #1 piston at top) and the camshaft pully is on its 0-mark (w/dist roter at #1) then this establishes TDC compression stroke, and it's ready for belt installation, right? (am I missing anything?) Tnx !!

Reply to
jimhigh66

If the proper cam and crank marks line up to 0, then you have TDC for the specified cylinder (#1 or #4 depending on the car maker). However, sometimes there are more than one mark on the cam sprocket. Make sure you use the right one. This makes it so easy to line things up. None of those compression gauges again!

Reply to
johngdole