Can you add fog lights on a 2002 Carmy

Hi everybody. Me again.

I was driving down the california cost the other day, and as often had to deal with pretty thick fog.

I have a 2002 Camry without the fog light.

I can see inside the front bumper the location of the optional factory fog lights.

How difficult is it to add fog lights after market using the stock enclosure?

Is it pre-wired to the dash already? I don't really see where the original switch would be.

Any thoughts?

I think I had asked teh dealer a while back and tehy said you could not add them.

Thank you in advance for teh help as usual.

FD

Reply to
google

Not easy. You'll have to get a REAL close match to do this. Have a look on eBay and see if you can find something similar. I did for my Scion but they were $65, so I bought some $40 Optilux at a parts store and cut the lower grille.

Probably not. I was surprised that my Mazda did have a connector for the fog lights; none of my Toyotas did. Order a switch from Toyota (~$45+++) or get a decent one from a parts store, or visit the junkyard. You'll have to make the harness.

WHAT?!?! They *DIDN'T* want to sell you something?!?! They can add anything...stock fogs for the Scion tC are $585 from the dealer!

I did mine in an afternoon, but had to cut the grille. Believe me, "Measure five times, cut once!!!!" but they almost look stock.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Never checked my Camry for this but the wiring harness on the Rav4 does have sockets for foglights, but you still need to wire in a switch:

tak

I'd simply get along without fog lights and drive a little slower. I had fog lights on the first car I ever owned and never did think they did a lot of good. If you think the lights will magically peer though the peasoup, you'll be disappointed.

Reply to
mack