Car lock problem

Hi, I have an old Camry 90', with a manual door lock mechanism. One problem is the driver side door lock cannot open occasionally. Today, it cannot open anymore. No mattre I press and drag the door handle, or use the key (the window can be low down). I am in Canada. Somebody says that it is caused by rust. Is it? How to repair it? Thank you very much.

Reply to
fl