DIY Value Cover Gasket

Can someone tell me how difficult it is to replace the value cover gasket on a 1996 Camry with a V6. Thanks.

--

#####################
Robert F. Owens, Jr.

Two Valve Cover Gaskets required since its a V type engine. Front is easy, back is harder since you need to unmount air intake chamber (need new gaskets for it) to get access to back valve cover. I had Midas do it, front part took them about 30 minutes to do while back took 3 hours to complete.

on

Reply to
IceMan

How much did it cost.

do

gasket

Reply to
O Man

This may sound silly, but the majority of cars have a slight seepage thru the valve cover gasket once they hit a certain age, so why worry about it. I've seen 14 year old cars which never had it done and yes they had a little oil seeping out but nothing to really be concerned about. You'll crash it before the leak gets "bad". Unless it's really leaking, I'd leave it alone. It's a good easy job for mechanics to make some $$$.

chamber

Rex

About $320 (labor+parts+tax)

chamber