Fixing Front Window Creak/Tick Noise on base of windshield

My 2002 Camry LE V6 (Japan Built) developed this ticking noise that was pretty annoying. I saw the NV005 TSB in regards to replacing the cowl
louver cover. I examined mine and the new 2005 Japan built Camrys and found that there was a tab or spacer that lifts the cover up at the same area the creak was heart. I took the tab and bent it and latched it to bottom of the windshield. That flattended the cover and eliminated the problem.
Hope this helps others.
Too bad they don't just fasten the cover with good screws like every other make I've checked instead of those cheap pins they use which are similar to what you'd see on a GM junk product in the 70's.

Did you notice any creaks within the "B" pillar between the drivers window and the left rear passenger window? I'm still dealing with a very obnixous noise there.

found
the
the
Yes there was a slight noise but pressing in the panels took care of that. I guess these things happen when you drive on bumpy roads for 65,000 miles!