REMOTE door and trunk opener for 2005 Camry LE

Hi,

I just purchased a 2005 Camry LE. The remote to unlock doors and trunk needs programming. One of the two that came with the car works.

In order to avoid a trip to the dealer, can anybody advise me step by step how to program the remote.

Thanks.

Roger

Reply to
bigrog_98

Someone may come along with more info, but I don't think you can program it yourself.

Curious - did you buy the car new? If so, I'd tell the dealer to make it right.

Are you sure it's not just a bad remote battery?

Reply to
Hopkins

Car was bought new a few days ago. I just thought it was a simple procedure. I am going back to dealer next week.

Big Rog

Reply to
bigrog_98

IIRC, there's specialized equipment involved.

Reply to
Hopkins

~IIRC, there's specialized equipment involved.

Guess all you need is the VIN (off the windshield) and a few $$$ and any dealer will be glad to make a key for you no questions asked.

Reply to
Father Guido

Talking about remotes, not keys.

Reply to