Gas vs Diesel

Roe... I've forgotten more than you know on the subject.

This may assist you:

Philip®

;-) I saw that line before.. Probably by you as well ;-)

What was the subject again?

Where am i?

Reply to
R.M. Drupsteen

ot that i disagree, or agree. I am just wondering how much HP modern gas burners have. Most gas burners don't have Turbo's though. Should i compare my 2.2 liter diesel 4-cylinder twin-turbo with a 2.2 liter gas burner without a Turbo? Maybe. It's not a fair comparison, but it is the choice in the market. (bare in mind, i live in Europe where a 2 liter engine is commen) My 2.2 diesel does 180 bhp & 316 Nm and reaches 60 in 7.6 seconds My 2.5 gas does 170 bhp & ??? Nm and does 60 in about 8 seconds.

Not much difference... My diesel might not be commen. Most diesels sold in Europe are 1.9 or 2.0 liters. With 115 to 150 bhp... And don't reach 60 under 10 seconds.

Reply to
R.M. Drupsteen

Reply to
Devils Advocate

Ok.... Southern California. Diesel #2 is currently $1.82 while unleaded regular is $1.99. There have been times in recent past years that unleaded regular was LESS than diesel. Furnace oil is not readily available here as it might be in regions that sell heating oil. Diesel powered cars have always cost more to acquire in a new car (here) and they take a harsher beating in resale value so your fuel savings becomes a wash over the term of ownership.

Reply to
Philip®