Glove compartment "cylinder" fell out

I finally got around to changing the cabin air filter on my 2004 Camry today and boy was it a mess.

While I was removing the filter and had, of course, removed the screw that holds the slowing, assist plunger (my term, I don't know the official name) to the the lid, the whole plunger assembly simply fell out on to the floor.

In looking at it it doesn't seem to have been attached to anything. Does it just hang there tucked in behind the slot?

Wha hoppen ???

Thanks much,

Perk (:>)

Reply to
Perk

just changes my 2006 camry filter . if you pull the glove box all the way out you can see where the plunger hooks on a rod .the little circle on the plunger pops on a little rod . the glove box just snaps off at the bottom in 3 places . no tools are needed.

Reply to
Dave Dave