Durango Locking Glove Compartment

In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove compartment or locking console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm willing to replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove compartment or console?

Thanks Tweedle

Reply to
Tweedle

console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm willing to replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove compartment or console?

Your local CPD dealer?

Reply to
maxpower

It seems that no Durango's with compatible consoles/glove compartments came with locks. That was all my CPD could tell me. I'm hoping to find someone who makes the aftermarket or even a good method to add a lock.

Reply to
Tweedle

came with locks. That was all my CPD could tell me. I'm hoping to find someone who makes the aftermarket or even a good method to add a lock.

That is correct, they did not come equipped with the locks, did you ask them to look it up in the accessories catalog?

Reply to
maxpower

I checked, no such luck.

Reply to
Tweedle

"Tweedle" wrote: "In my 2000 Durango, I am in need of a locking glove compartment or locking console lid. Does anyone know where either may be obtained? I'm willing to replace the entire glove compartment, but would like to just replace the door. Or has anyone managed to add a lock to the existing glove compartment or console?"

Try here

Look under consoles. Try universal and you will see some. They are actually made for stereo equipment but may suit your need. I don't know if a Jeep glove box will fit but there are replacement locking glove boxes for Jeep.

Sarge

Reply to
Sarge