Help, Door locks and lights gone crazy!!

1997 Camry XLE, V6, 120,000 miles, Automatic. Went out to see what my wife was talking about and the door locks are clicking open and lock on thier own. Then the headlights started coming on by themselves then shutting off. We opened the hood and heard a buzzing coming fron the fuse area by the battery. I opened it up and the headlight "relay?" was buzzing. I removed it so the lights would stop coming on and drain the battery over night. ???

My wife, Mary, called a couple local shops but they said they dont do electrical work!!!

My wife does not have the remote thingy any more. (we bought the car used about 3 years ago ) but it sounds like it could be the "sensor" that recieves the remote signal as the door locks and lights "panic button" are controlled by this device???

Is there a way to turn this "sensor" off? or am I on the wrong track??

Any suggestions on what this mignt be?? when she gets home tonight I'm going to look at it again....

Always something!!!

Thanks for any help..

Steve

Reply to