95 camry 4 cyl ... where's the transmission dipstick?

i've been looking around for an online manual. if anyone knows the answer to this simple question i'd be very much obliged.

Reply to
jazgold

My 94 had the dipstick on the right if you viewed it from the front. It's right in front of the radiator fan to the right. I believe it's colored orange.

Reply to
badgolferman

On my '97 four cylinder,, the transmission dipstick is about a foot to the right of the oil dipstick, as you're looking at the engine compartment from the front of the car, if that helps.

Reply to
mack

===============

sure the transmission is at full operating temperature, beforechecking final level.

Reply to
Daniel

Excellent posting. Where can we get other models' files?

Reply to
badgolferman

Go to the Camry forum at toyotanation.com. There's a sticky there called "Gen 4 and 5 manuals" (or something like that). You'll find a link to the factory service manuals there. (I uploaded the Gen 4 one.)

Reply to
Nobody Important

I found the forum but not the "stickies" to the manuals. Tried doing a search but it requires being a member.

What is a sticky and what portion of the page should I look for it?

Thanks

Reply to
badgolferman

In the camry forum at

the second item from the top (as I write this, anyway) is "Read Me : Gen 4 and 5 repair manuals". Maybe you have to sign up with the forums to see it? I've never gotten spam as a result of being a member; it seems to be safe. Gen 4 is 1997-2001. Gen 5 is 2002-2006 (I think).

Reply to
Nobody Important

Try this...

NickySantoro