how long before replacing struts?

I own a 97 camry LE with 174,000 miles on it. I finally had to replace the struts after that many miles? I was curious how much mileage they had on their car before having to replace their struts.

I happen to get four KYB gr-2 installed for a price of $600 here in colorado?. Is the KYB gr-2 as good as the Monroe ones?

Reply to
john

I'm sorry, I almost started laughing! No offense, really.

The KYBs are *MUCH* better than the Monroe, have a full lifetime warranty (used to be No Matter What!) and are more of a performance oriented replacement. I have had a set of KYB's on my Corolla GTS for 6 years now. When they do need replacing, I'll just go to the place I bought them and pick up another pair! They still don't show signs of wear, though.

I guess they figure most people don't marry their cars like I do, so it will be the last set of struts they will buy for that car. Sorry, KYB!

BTW, how much per strut? They used to be quite competitively priced, at that time about $55 each, or about $8 more than the Monroes.

Reply to
HachiRoku

I replaced the original ones at about 65k miles --- they were indeed shot then --- noticed a big difference with the Monroe Sensatrac gas shocks. Parts were near $400 with new OEM boots.

Reply to
Wolfgang

my 97 got changed at 150,000 miles or so. Just the fronts they rattled badly.

Reply to
ROBMURR

My new monroe Sensatrac are all Defective they get rock hard when its cold, Yea warrantied, it will cost me 400 in labor

Reply to
m Ransley

I'ld never buy monroe replacements again about every 15 thousand miles they need replaced at 300 bucks labor here, I'm going to toyota next time they need replaced.

Reply to
Rex_Pgh_Pa