How much 2002 Toyota camry Front bumper cost

Yesterday, my car skid and hit a small tree in the driveway about

5-10mph spped. My front bumber broke on the driver side and needs a replacement. I don't have any idea how much it costs. Is it easy to replace my self or should I go to autobody shop to replace it? Any suggestions? Thanks Basha
Reply to
Basha

An aftermarket one is $128-174 (depends on where car was built and finish). This is just the cover --- you may need the white styrene absorber/reinforcement too depending where it hit (if well off to side perhaps not). You still have to get it painted - unless you can live with a matt black one. Depending on the damage - puntures and small cracks can be repaired by a body shop.

Reply to
Wolfgang

also a heads up:

aftermarket bumpers sometimes do not fit and/or appear like originals.

Often times paint peeling can occur on these bumpers.

Reply to
Lance

IMHO Paint peeling is more due to lack of correct preparation and from NOT adding proper additive (for a flexible surface) to the paint. I've used (unfortunately) twice on a 95 Geo and fit was as just good as OE at better than 1/2 the price. Metal parts if not certified are sometimes a problem.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Which manual shows the proper procedure to remove the cracked (in my case, rear) bumper and replace it ... along with the reinforcement, etc. ?

Thanks !

Reply to
Larry King