How to clean under the hood?

Hi, I see a lot of sticky oily black dirt stuck on various parts of the outer of the engine and in general under the hood. Do you guys know I can clean this stuff?

-Kunal

Reply to
Kunal

I use an all purpose cleaner, like Castrol, mixed 50/50 and leave the engine running.

Spray it on, rinse it off after 3-5 minutes. If it doesn't work, spray again, brush it and rinse.

Don't get into the air intake!

Reply to
HachiRoku

Gunk engine degreaser, pressure washer (used to be 25 cent DIY car wash with wands) or steam clean. PROTECT all electronic pieces with plastic and aluminum foil or it will be an expensive wash!

Reply to
Wolfgang

Thanks guys, I will try these out :)

-Kunal