How to keep the doors from locking when the trunk is open

Hi

I have a 2002 Solara. Great car.

One major annoyance. If you open the trunk to take out groceries, golf clubs, etc. the doors lock automatically.

Is there a way I can disable this?

If you know, please respond by email.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
Skilbarton

This has nothing to do with the trunk opening, but rather a timer that locks the car after 45 seconds. Check your drivers manual as there should be instructions on how to change or deactivate this setting.

Reply to
Car Guy

If its locked and armed, and you hit the unlock button, if it doesnt see a door cycle open in 30 seconds (trunk or hood doesnt count) it will relock. You really dont want this defeated, many times you can accidently unlock your car with the FOB in the pocket, the car will re-secure itself if tis an accident.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Actually, I can't think of a single reason why I want the doors to lock when I open the trunk.

I don't even want the doors locked when I am driving. How will anyone get in if I am in an accident?

I'm a fairly responsible adult and I really don't need anyone locking doors behind me.

Sorry, just my opinion.

dave

Reply to
Skilbarton

That has to be the stupidest thing I have seen on the net in some time. Anyone with a brain ALWAYS keeps their doors locked.

Reply to
Charkster

Fact of the matter is you should lock your door anyway when you get in the car. You never know who wants to hitch a ride with you without your concent. That is taught to all 15 year olds in diver's ed.

If you have an accident, do not worry about people getting you out. In a worst case scenario, you have an impact where the car catches fire. Chances are your door will cease to work. Someone (maybe yourself) will have to break the side window and climb out. Any less severe crash, if you cannot get yourself out, you should be left in the car til a medic arrives.

Scot

Reply to
Scot