How to re-attach

Hello All,

Yesterday I was trying to open the trunk lid by grabbing the "CAMRY" emblem with fingers on the trunk lid because of some ackward position I am standing and the way the car parked. And it came off :-( It was freezing cold outside.

Any idea how can I re-attach that "CAMRY" emblem to trunk lid. It is

1999 camry LE, 92000 miles, going strong!!

TIA, VK

Reply to
vktechmails

I think they use double sided tape. You might be able to remove the old tape and get some 3M double sided tape at home depot or equiv. Check with dealer, they may have some precut ones.

Reply to
jjjsan

I use 3M Emblem Adhesive, available at most auto stores. See if you can't borrow some from a body shop; it's about $12 a tube, and unless you have other uses, it'll dry up (or you *could* send it to me... ;)

It will have to be *warm* at least 50 degrees, I think; the warmer the better, clamp for about a minute and then let it set up. My Tercel had a rub strip on the driver's door that got knocked off. The stuff held it for over a year, and then a reapplication put it back again. Only this time it was warm enough and I held it for about 5 minutes.

Reply to
HachiRoku