How to remove transmission cooler lines?

I've been trying to replace the radiator on my 94 camry, but found it's very hard to remove the transmission cooler lines (the two rubber lines at the bottom of the radiator). Can anyone suggest a way to remove them? What tools do I need?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to
Meng

If the cooler lines are stuck to the fitting, use a can of silicone spray on the hose and let it sot for a bit. It will soften up the rubber ond they will slide right off

Reply to
qslim

Use your fingers - or common slip joint pliers. There's a spring clamp on the hoses. If you buy another Toyota radiator, the fittings in the bottom tank are included, so you should not be trying to remove them. The only tricky part I found in replacing the radiator was a certain plastic holder for the wiring to the temperature sensor. Finally clipped it with diagonal cutters, and it springs back into shape sufficiently to hold the wire harness when replaced.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus