I got locked out of my Camry

Ha ha you guys kill me! However since reaching the age of 50 there's some docs that would like to get a piece of my fresh virgin bottom. I pretty sure my ass will soon be violated big time. Sorry 'bout that.

Reply to
David Iwaoka

To answer the question for posterity: from what I read in the factory service manual there's no emergency release as such; you have to take the trim off to access the lock mechanism. They talk about a security bolt; I dunno if that means you need a special tool from Toyota.

Reply to
Nobody Important

Thanks for the info. The next time this happens, I'll attack the car from that angle though I'm pretty sure this won't happen again. If it does, there no telling what I might do. Ha ha. Thanks again.

David

Reply to
David Iwaoka

Fiats? But why would you WANT to?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/ wrote: >

Back in the old days the 124s were quite advanced - rear disk brakes, 5 speed transmission, DOHC hemi engines, a very cool european horn. I had

4 of those. As I recall Toyota came out with a twin cam about 10 years later than Fiat. Nowdays, I'm way too old to take care of a Fiat - a Toyota's more my speed. :-)
Reply to
David Iwaoka

I think it was Hachiroku ???? who stated:

X1/9

-- I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it

Reply to
Don Fearn

Yeah...but what about a Topolino?

Reply to
Hachiroku

We didn't call them "Fix it again, Tony"s for nothing! I went out with a girl in the 80's that sold them, and she called them Ratburgers...

But, you are correct. They were fairly advanced for their day!

Ever driven a Lada?

Reply to
Hachiroku

In the 80's I'd see 124s on the side of the road and most likely it was from a broken timing belt. This was good for me as I got pretty good at changing the belt and that meant I could get a good price for a dead 124.

We had one baby so I had the 124 coupes - this worked out well for a small family. I think the design was influential. For a while VW and Volvo used Fiat's valve shim system for ohc valve adjustments - they payed Fiat for this. I also suspect that the design of many rear disk parking brakes in use today is the same design as those old Fiats. If I recall correctly, GM though so highly of the 124 coupe they copied the design/construction of the car and their version was called the Vega. The story is they even copied the Fiat's self-destruct rust features. :-) Of course they added their own self-destruct aluminum engine to really seal that deal. :-)

The Lada was a Russian-made 124 at one time? We never got them in the US, instead we were blessed with the Yugo which was a Eastern European

128. I've never driven a car from that part of the world but I'll bet they're a lot better now days!
Reply to
David Iwaoka

In the US...that's where I am...

But, I made a lot of trips to Canada, my Stepfather's family was from Quebec and my wife's sisters are all in the Toronto area. Yeah, I got to drive a Lada...Made a Fiat seem like a dream!

Reply to
Hachiroku

I think Fiats work better in Italy or in warmer areas but driving a Soviet-made Fiat up north might be just asking for major discomfort. :-) Is your name 86?

David

Reply to
David Iwaoka

LOL! Very good! Most people just ask me, "what the HELL does that mean?!?!?"

I guess I could change it...we have a guy in town named Chevy Pickup. My friend, a Court officer, says that is his LEGAL name (Legal, for sure...he's in and out of the courtroom every week, and his wife Cheryl Pickup or whatever her first name is, is headed that way too...

What it really is, is this:

Of course, I don't drive mine in the winter...

Actually, more like this:

Hachiroku

Living in the tropics, I can't see how cars can possibly work in the ice. Just getting into the car must be a trip - that would be like me climbing into my freezer - except my freezer doesn't get as cold. OTOH, I could probably get a great deal on bulk meats - too bad Consumers Reports does not give an rating for meat storage capacity on 99 Camrys. :-)

Reply to
David Iwaoka