gas line problem?

I have a 1986 740 GLE Wagon. For the past two months I have had to fill it up every 80 miles or it will stop running like it is out of gas even though te fuel indicator says it has over half a tank. When it starts to sputter as I drive it, I pull into a station and fill up. Then it runs great for about

80 miles (in the city, more on the highway) Someone told me there is a hole in my gas line inside the gas tank. This would make sense. Anyone know about this? Is it expensive to repair?
Reply to
Greg Shaeffer

It's a common problem; you have to pull the pickup unit and replace the neoprene hose (unless you have a bellows, in which case you get to replace that), then reinstall the pickup. Disconnect the battery before doing the repair as a safety precaution.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Heston

zencraps