Multiple Engine Misfires

I have a 2000 Toyota Sienna (I know this is a Camry group, but you all have helped me in the past a lot!) The check engine light came on yesterday, and AUTOZONE ran the diagnostic reporting "Multiple Engine Misfires and misfires in #1 and #5." I understand that usually just plugs and wires will remedy this problem. Any advice further? And should I be able to change these myself seeing that 3 plugs on on the side of the firewall?

Thank you,

Chris

Reply to
cshort

if you change plugs and wires make sure you use Toyota parts - not Autozone. rear plugs are quite difficult to reach, though not impossible

Reply to
Daniel

If you are lucky it is just the plugs. Since the check engine light is not flashing, you probably have a random misfire situation. I'd do the plugs first. Be sure to use the Toyota recommended plugs (probably Denso's). Don't let the Autozone sales guy sell you equivalent Autolites, or Bosch, or ACs. They may not be exactly right and minor differences can cause problems (I sppeak from experience). If the plugs don't fix the problem, wires are next (get teh Toyota wires!). Beyond that things might get expensive.

Ed

Reply to
Ed White

That's right. Use Denso or NGK. BTW Autozone does sell Densos at a very good price make sure that's what you get there.

Reply to
johngdole

I definately agree with these guys. Buy Denso parts!!! If I am not mistaken I think they manufacture the Toyota products. Anyway, go with Denso. I DO NOT put any AutoZone parts on my Camry. Not even brake shoes! =)

Let me suggest a website...

I don't have any affiliation with them, but I just had to buy an Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor for my 01 Camry and they have the best prices. I paid $100.00 for it and it is a Denso. Some parts on the Toyotas can be expensive, but you do get what you pay for!

Good Luck!

Reply to
Camrygirl

Route the wires exactly as the old ones were!

Reply to
Steve H