My Cam drives a hundred times better when It's full of gas

Is there a reason for this? It might be all in my head but when I'm getting low on gas the car drives like shit then I fill her up she's a beautifully riding little piece of loving slab again.

Reply to
Maim Menu

Drives like shit, what do you mean.

Reply to
m Ransley

sluggish acceleration, rough shifting and maybe even some more engine noise. I'm thinking it might be because of deposits at the bottom of the tank that get sucked in

Reply to
Maim Menu

It might be that your fuel pump is close to being shot. It is cooled by the gasoline and as the level drops the pump, if worn, heats up and doesn't pump as well. This causes the engine to lose power and can cause downshifting and other bad things.

Fotofreak

Reply to
Fotofreak