Navigation System Update

Anybody know how often the Navi system is upgraded? Is there a way to download the latest maps?

David

Reply to
David Vincent-Jones

They charge for the new DVD. You will get a mailing from them. I did and tossed it after seeing the price.

Reply to
Art

I was wondering if there was a way to fix my navigation system in my

2002 Camry SE so that I can use it while driving? It only allows me while I am stooped. Thanks, Dave
Reply to
Dave

If they want to charge that's too bad. On other Nav map systems (the excellent NavTeq or the cheaper and less desirable TeleAtlas in the US), the maps are often updated twice a year. Garmin systems will offer the owner one free update when you register the product.

The Camry uses Fujitsu-Ten's nav system, perspective buyers may want to negotiate a free update at the bargaining table.

Reply to
johngdole