New Camry owner, saying hi

Hi all. Just thought I'd introduce myself to the group as the newest member of the club, since I may be bothering you all with various issues with my new (used) '98 Camry 2.2L. But if all goes to plan, nothing will go wrong with it and I'll be a total stranger. Right? :)

So, hi! Anything I need to know about my new ride?

Reply to
Terrence Chan

Did you pay your club dues yet? Please send $25 to my PayPal account.

Reply to
Mark A

I would, but after I got that e-mail from " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com" asking me to go to their website and verify my address and password, I strangely haven't been able to get into my account. I'm sure they'll sort it out soon.

Reply to
Terrence Chan

It's OK, I had Subway for lunch today.

Reply to
Mark A

Just a few things to look for:

1) Do you hear a rattling in the front suspension, especially when the car is cold?

2) alignment problems?

3) The world's softest suspension that bottoms out even if you fart?

Reply to
Regular Guy

Best way to keep your Camry running a long time is to keep the fluids clean. Look under the hood. Coolant recovery tank fluid should be light red. Brake fluid amber. Put a drop of transmission fluid on a white paper towel, should be light red. Same with power steering fluid. Oil changes 5,000 miles or less. Even if you neglect maintenance, Camrys last a long time, but if you change the timing belt and spark plugs when due, and keep the fluids clean, that 2.2L will run practically forever. The Haynes maintenance and repair manual for under $20 will show the location of all the fluid reservoirs.

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

I second what the last poster said. The key to long life Camrys is good maintenance. My 1997 Camry has

169,000 miles on it so far with only one real repair of the power steering rack. It was leaking.
Reply to
ROBMURR