Lucky me Camry (1993 XLE V6)

Hi there kids.

I know that Camry lovers will want to welcome me to the group not because I am anything, but man is my new car cool! I am fortunate to have just bought a 1993 Camry XLE V6 with all (I think all) the extras--and only 91K miles!

My baby has leather from stem to stern, really clean inside and out, Toyota CD/Cass. & 6 Speakers, that punchy V6...I compared it to the '93 Lexus ES300 on Cars.com and there wasn't much difference.

I paid right at $4,300 and have done on CV axle for about $200 and changed the tranny juice. I am very pleased. I left a 95 Nissan truck for this ride so you can undestand why I think I'm livin large now!

Hey, thanks for letting me post, and I look foward to much messaging and help. I hope I can help too, even though I'm just getting my butt used to the leather...so to speak.

Boden

Reply to
Boden

Nice car. Mines a basic model and I wish it had electric windows for that errant passenger who insists on alighting from the vehicle without winding the @$#%ing window up again.

You may wish to contemplate changing the coolant as well.

Jason

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

Ha! Yes, it is handy to have ULTIMATE WINDOW POWER! The only annouyance I've found is a little water leaking in the trunk and the carpet on the underside of the trunk lid is coming loose...needs some of those little rivet things.

Coolant eh? Allright, I'll keep that in mind thanks.

Say, are your seatbelts a bit soft on the retraction? What can be done?

Boden

Reply to
Boden

Yeah, coolant that has passed its life (they come in different ages depending on how much glycol is in it) will allow rusting of steel fittings and corrosian probs.

Mine are OK, but I've had that problem in other cars. Perhaps some-one else may have a fix for this??

Jason

Reply to
Jason James

You are a lucky man! In February, my '93 v6xle met an untimely end in a snowstorm-related incident, and wanted to get another v6xle--newer, maybe '99-'00--but it had to be a v6xle.

I put at least 4 dealers onto this, searching the auctions up and down the eastern seaboard for almost a month before a) i hated the rental Saturn and b) there just weren't any to be had and settled for my (you'll just have to take my word on this) 2d choice--a Lexus ES300.

Enjoy your car and hang on to it; this configuration is as scarce as they say it is!

Reply to
JTHouse